This article is more than 1 year old
The Internet MP list of shame
Hang your heads, you, you... politicians
Following on from the story yesterday about MPs being forced to remove their Web sites as their have "mp" in their title (because they're not MPs at the moment due to the election), we have compiled a list of shame for those politicians that are flagrantly flaunting election rules (special thanks to Simon Briggs for research).
- www.nigelmp.com - Nigel Evans (Ribble Valley, Lancashire). Note the simple Nigel MP URL. Remember: "Vote Nigel". We wrote a story about Nigel's demands that Time Computers come clean about its layoffs earlier this month.
- www.robertwaltermp.com - "Bob" Walter (North Dorset). Complete with crap disclaimer (CWCD). And odd looking face.
- www.crispinbluntmp.com - Crispin Blunt (Reigate, Surrey). CWCD.
- www.jimmurphymp.com - Jim Murphy (Eastwood, Glasgow). Good quality disclaimer: click-through page. [And it looks a though you pronounce his URL Jimmur Pimp - Ed]
- www.andrew-miller-mp.co.uk - Andrew Miller (Ellesmere Port & Neston, Liverpool). Complete with lame, lengthy disclaimer (CWLLD).
- www.angelasmithmp.org - Angela Smith (Basildon and East Thurrock, Essex). CWCD.
- www.desturnermp.co.uk - Des Turner (Kemptown, Brighton). No disclaimer. Tut tut.
- www.georgefoulkesmp.co.uk - George Foulkes (Carrick, Cumnock and Doon Valley, Ayr, Scotland). No disclaimer. Dear oh dear oh dear.
- www.mconnartymp.org.uk - Michael Connarty (Falkirk East). No disclaimer. Bad boy. Odd URL to chose as well.
- www.shona-mp.com - Shona McIsaac (Cleethorpes, Immingham and Barton, Yorkshire). Flashy flash site but no disclaimer present - oh yes there is, a pop-up disclaimer (ugh). Note Shona believes she needs only Shona MP as a URL.
- www.paulflynnmp.co.uk - Paul Flynn (Newport West, Bristol). There's no disclaimer Paul! Consider yourself illegal.
No LibDems as yet. Nor Plaid Cymru or Greens or whatever. We don't know whether this is because they abide by the rules, have never got to grips with the Internet or simply don't have any MPs. ®