This article is more than 1 year old
Intel's Desktop Roadmap
So farewell then, Pentium III
Last week, we published what we believe to be Intel's release schedule for mobile processors and now it's the turn of the desktops.
The map is rather simpler than the mobile space, largely thanks to a much narrower product range that's getting narrower as the Pentium III is finally squeezed out, leaving Intel with two desktop families: Pentium 4 and Celeron.
As we get more information about the precise release dates of individual processors, we'll repost the schedule suitably amended.
- 1.13, 1.26GHz Pentium III - 0.13 micron Tualatin, 256KB L2, 133MHz FSB
- 1.9GHz, 2GHz Pentium 4 - 0.18 micron, 256KB L2
- 2, 2.2GHz Pentium 4 - 0.13 micron Northwood
- 950MHz Celeron - 0.18 micron Coppermine, 100MHz FSB
- 1GHz Celeron - 0.18 micron Coppermine, 100MHz FSB
- 2.4GHz Pentium 4 - 0.13 micron Northwood
- 1GHz+ Celeron - 0.13 micron Tualatin, 100MHz FSB