Also in this week's column:
- Why are some people more attractive to mosquitos?
- Does eating fish improve brain function?
- How can objects in the same room be different temperatures?
What is a Cro-Magnon man?
Asked by Nikki Jackson of Mosman, NSW, Australia
Cro-Magnon humans are regarded as the earliest form of modern humans. We are their direct descendants. Cro-Magnons lived from about 40,000 to 10,000 years ago.
If you saw a Cro-Magnon walking down the street they would be almost indistinguishable from modern humans. The only differences would be:
- A slightly larger and more muscular body
- A somewhat larger skull and brain
If they wore a business suit and nice hair cut, a Cro-Magnon could possibly sell you a used car.
Stephen Juan, Ph.D. is an anthropologist at the University of Sydney. Email your Odd Body questions to email@example.com