A woman who claims she was gang raped by a group of teens that posted a video of the attack on YouTube has been arrested on suspicion of underage sex and perverting the course of justice.
A Scotland Yard spokesperson said the 24-year-old mother was arrested on March 28 and released on bail, according to the Telegraph.co.uk.
Police are now apparently suspicious of her version of what took place at her south London home last November. The woman claims she did not report the attack to police for several months because she was threatened by the teenagers. She claims after a friend spotted the footage on YouTube, her partner encouraged her to report the alleged attack to police.
The three teens involved, two aged 16 and one aged 14, were arrested in February and released on bail. They are unlikely to face charges.
Google recently admitted it was at fault for not sooner removing the three minute video from YouTube before it was viewed approximately 600 times. The footage is understood to have shown what appears to be the unconscious woman being sexually assaulted by the three boys after her drink had been spiked. Her children are heard crying in the background.
Although Google said its slow response was "clearly a mistake," the company has rejected calls from MPs for YouTube to pre-screen material before it is uploaded to the video site. ®