A West Yorkshire cannabis grower died of hyperthermia after halogen lamps in his illicit indoor dope plantation heated his house to a fatal 38°C, the Sun reports.
Luke Holmes, 28, constructed "three foil-lined tents each containing marijuana plants", nurtured by a "battery" of halogens. He died in bed and was discovered by friends three days later in the property in Halifax.
Police officers "almost fainted from the heat when they entered the property on a warm day last June", the Sun explains.
An inquest in Bradford "heard that Holmes was a drug user, although no drugs were found in his system". His death was declared an accident, provoked by fatal overheating. ®