It's another enterprise and techcast with Greg Knieriemen, Ed Saipetch and Sarah Vela. This week, your hosts are grilling a special guest: EMC's Chad Sakac. Last night they spoke to the storage guru, prolific blogger and virtual geek – who become a senior veep at EMC in January – about his promotion and new responsibilities, Oracle buying Xsigo, what's up with VMware, virtual servers and more. It's a good one, so just press play...
Oracle buys Xsigo
- Oracle's PR spins Xsigo as Software Defined Networking (SDN);
- Chad: “Sorry Oracle, Xsigo IS NOT Software Defined Networking”; and
- why it looks like a reaction to VMware buying Nicira.
VMware’s boldest move yet
- The advent of virtual networking – with virtual servers combined with vSphere’s storage virtualisation
- VMware is building the complete virtual stack
- How does the landscape change now for VMware, EMC and their competitors?
- Enterprise deployment of SDNs
- How do EMC and VMware keep the VMware lovefest going?
Big changes at EMC and VMware
- EMC’s President Pat Gelsinger is now the CEO of VMware and Paul Maritz is vice chairman at EMC
- How does Gelsinger manage VMware’s ecosystem partners having come directly from EMC?
- What’s next for CloudFoundry?
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links