This week's techcast delves into all the latest technology in the storage and virtualisation sector. Your hosts Greg Knieriemen and Sarah Vela (Ed Saipetch is away on a secret mission) are talking to the Man Who Knows - special guest J Metz (@DrJMetz), who is strategic product manager of Storage and Unified Fabric at Cisco Systems. If you're a Software Defined Networking beginner, here's the place to start. We also take a look at the trend towards data centre convergence and how that will affect the storage industry at large.
This week we discuss...
- Happy Sarah
- Ed Saipetch, international man of mystery
- Catching up with J Metz
- The State of FCoE
- FCoE vs iSCSI
- FCoE vs Fibre Channel Brocade buys Vyatta
- Software Defined Networking (SDN) keeps making waves
- SDN hype - the scale of networks
- The enterprise and social media rockstars
- Social media split personality disorder
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links