It's another recap of the week in tech at El Reg's coolest (and only) podcast. Join your your hosts, Greg Knieriemen, Ed Saipetch and - fresh from Austin nerdfest SXSW - Sarah Vela for everything you need to know about the business of tech. This week, the whole gang is together for the first time in over a month. Their very special guest this week is Geoff Barrall, CEO of Connected Data and chairman of Gridstore.
First, some banter
- Sarah is back and after SXSW, contemplates branding social media “experts”... literally
- Ed is still employed and plans on speaking at CloudConnect
- Speaking in Tech announces the first big party for VMworld
- StorageBeers in London on 17 April?
- Geoff traces his startup pedigree
- Connected Data and the “Transporter”
- Leveraging Kickstarter to launch a product
- Learning from Dropbox
- Reliable file sharing, backup and data repository
- Lessons from product design, branding and manufacturing
- Google-inspired Gridstore
- True storage clustering
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links