This article is more than 1 year old
KRAKOOM! iPad Air explose in fireball, terrified fanbois flee Apple store
Charred fondleslab removed by Apple minion for testing
Apple fanbois around the world are on red alert after one of the latest fruity fondleslabs caught fire and exploded in an Australian Vodafone shop.
A demonstration model of the new iPad Air caused a fire so intense that the fire brigade were called.
Although no-one was hurt in the fire, fanbois around the world will be sleeping a little less easily tonight.
A photograph obtained by the Daily Mail shows Apple's hottest (sorry) fondleslab looking like it had been baked in a dirty oven.
The newspaper quoted a Vodafone spokesman who saw a "burst of flames" shoot out of the iPad's charging port.
An Apple iApparatchik was straight on the scene to work out why the Air had caught fire.
There have been several examples of iPhones and dodgy Chinese chargers going pop, but this is believed to be the first time an iPad has ignited.
The iPad Air has had glowing reviews (if you'll pardon the pun) from almost everyone except this reporter, who described the launch of the fondleslab as a a load of hot air.
Your correspondent visited the London iPad Air launch and was unimpressed: Yes, it's an iPad, which weighs a bit less than the old one and is quicker. The Air is to previous models what Lady Gaga is to Madonna - different, but not all that different, and therefore a bit rubbish when you remember how exciting the first one was all those years ago.
And now it comes with the added risk of an explosion. No thanks. ®