This article is more than 1 year old
Fanfare of trumpets as LOHAN reveals mission patch
Ad Astra Tabernamque and beers all round
Cue the traditional portentous drumroll and fanfare of trumpets as we today reveal the final design for our Low Orbit Helium Assisted Navigator (LOHAN) mission patch.
And here without further ado is the motif that will shortly be adorning flight suits and lab coats worldwide:
Readers are invited to raise a glass or two to Vulture Central design bodette Fenke Foss, she of the delightfully alliterative moniker, for her hard work in knocking the patch into shape.
Indeed, it's off to the pub and the stars for us, and beers all round. In addition to ale, those who made the shortlist for the spaceplane mission motto public vote will receive a finished patch just as soon as they arrive from the embroiderers. The finished product may vary slightly due to the limitations of stitching detail, but as it stands it'd look good on a t-shirt or a mug. Hmmmm...®
More from the lovely LOHAN:
- You can find full LOHAN coverage right here.
- If you're new to LOHAN, seek out our mission summary for enlightenment.
- There are photos our our magnificent Vulture 2 spaceplane here, and detailed structural plans here.
- For your further viewing pleasure, we have all our photographic material stored on Flickr.
- Our LOHAN and Paper Aircraft Released Into Space (PARIS) videos live on YouTube.
- We sometimes indulge in light consensual tweeting, as you can see here.