This article is more than 1 year old
Biz data botherer CommVault slips out fresh do-it-all bundle
Easier, simpler and faster – to buy, that is
CommVault has added additional AWS and Azure support and reveals easier, more targeted ways to buy its all-singing, all-dancing backup/archive/data management product Simpana 10.
The AWS and Azure facilities include cloud reporting, end-user self-service provisioning, recovery, software snapshots and virtual machine resource management.
CommVault announced reference copy data archiving to AWS S3 and Glacier), Azure and Rackspace clouds in October last year.
The solution sets list looks like this:
- Simpana for VM Backup, Recovery and Cloud Management
- Application owners and tenants can manage their own VM provisioning, management, backup, recovery, retirement and archiving operations through a single interface across AWS, Azure, Hyper-V, VMware and Citrix XenServer platforms.
- New pricing options are licensing of per socket or per 10-VM pack. CommVault says "unlike competitive offerings, [we] include metrics reporting, global deduplication, and deduplication-aware replication, instant VM recovery, and 1 year of maintenance."
- Simpana IntelliSnap Recovery
- Customers can automatically manage hardware-based snapshots for the largest physical and virtualised application infrastructures.
- New Simpana software integration for arrays and applications, including NetApp, HDS and Oracle.
- Pricing for snapshot, replication and remote services options are based on usable capacity or array-attached bundles.
- Simpana for Endpoint Data Protection
- New features for secure file and folder sharing, data loss prevention and device upload support secure data protection and collaboration.
- Integrated eDiscovery and legal hold across all managed data.
- Endpoint backup, file sharing and search solutions licensed per user.
- Simpana for Email Archive
- Built-in analytics for storage planning and email archiving policy decision-making.
- Deployable on-premises, or in private or hybrid cloud environments, with support for Microsoft Office 365, Outlook, and Exchange and IBM Lotus Notes.
- Email Archive is licensed per mailbox and includes flexible archive, search and compliance options.
CommVault wants to continue growing at the expense of Symantec, EMC and other mainstream legacy backup products, while repelling the boarding parties sailing across the backup ocean from Assigra, Code42, Unitrends, Veeam and other relative backup newbies.
There's a Solution Set factsheet available here (pdf) and Solution Sets are available worldwide now. ®