Hosted by Greg Knieriemen, Ed Saipetch and Sarah Vela. This week Sarah is out while Ed and Greg are joined by special guest Sam Johnston, director of cloud and IT Services at Equinix. Join us for a discussion on the joys of European air travel, Equinix's deal with Hitachi Data Systems, Amazon's next steps after yet more losses (moving from the end point to the middleman), and Microsoft's ("insane") billion dollar estimate for establishing a presence in the clouds.
Want to skip to the bits that interest you most? Check out our index times below
- Catching up (0:45)
- Data Center Moats (2:10)
- An Aussie in Zurich (3:50)
- More travel woes (5:25)
- Equinix ramps up (11:40)
- HDS and Equinix announce cloud partnership (17:10)
- Data Center evolution and the center of gravity (25:10)
- Amazon and control of data (29:30)
- Amazon stock and Fire Phone tank (30:55)
- Fire Sticks to the rescue (34:30)
- Microsoft: Get ready to dump billions into the cloud (34:40)
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links
Feed URL for other podcast tools – Juice, Zune, et cetera: http://nekkidtech.libsyn.com/rss