It's another episode of El Reg's weekly tech podcast, stuffed with news and views on everything that's happened in our world this week.
In this episode, regular host Greg Knieriemen heads a panel discussion at the OpenStack Summit in Paris earlier this month. The panel discusses some of the challenges with OpenStack Storage. We've got an All Star panel in the form of Mark Twomey (aka Storagezilla), technical director in the EMC CTO team; Alex McDonald, NetApp CTO Office; Manju Ramanathpura, CTO, Intelligent Platforms, Hitachi Data Systems; Neil Levine, director of product management at Red Hat; and Aaron Delp, cloud solutions architect at SolidFire.
This week we discuss...
- OpenStack storage: Open but not neutral (2:30)
- Vendor-added value to OpenStack (6:30)
- Embracing neutrality in Open Source (9:05)
- The missing parts (10:55)
- Challenges of policy management (18:40)
- Is SAN an equal citizen to NAS in OpenStack? (23:20)
- Software-defined storage and legacy vendors (28:20)
- The role of Fibre Channel in OpenStack (34:35)
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links
Feed URL for other podcast tools – Juice, Zune, et cetera: http://nekkidtech.libsyn.com/rss