Hosted by Greg Knieriemen, Ed Saipetch and Sarah Vela. This week, the crew talk about antagonising construction workers in Seattle (they don’t like the Village People’s ‘YMCA’, apparently) the Open Container Project (container burnout, and who’s going to acquire whom, and when), going after journalist and Tor developer Jacob Appelbaum (why didn't he encrypt his emails, or just use iMessage), and Taylor Swift.
Our special guest this week is Jim McNiel, former VC and CMO of NetScout.
This week we discuss
- (1:00) Eddie goes duck boating
- (4:55) Open Container Project is not a drinking game
- (9:00) Container acquisition game
- (9:20) BlueBox Jesse buys a pad
- (12:30) Google gagged on Wikileaks
- (22:12) Taylor Swift takes a bite out of Apple
- (28:24) FLASHBACK: Tecmo Bowl
- (30:10) Introducing Jim McNiel, former VC and CMO, NetScout
- (32:08) NetScout suing Gartner over Magic Quadrant
- (36:10) Big acquisitions for NetScout
- (43:35) Invisible girlfriend
- (44:20) "Connected World" movie with Werner Herzog
- (49:50) Guardians of the Connected World
Listen with the Reg player below, or download here.
Podcast Subscriber Links
Feed URL for other podcast tools – Juice, Zune, et cetera: http://nekkidtech.libsyn.com/rss