This article is more than 1 year old
New X-IO boss Miller saddles him up a new sales posse
Fresh asses smack leather as crew gets ready to ride into the channel
Get a load of this; just days into his job as X-IO’s latest CEO Bill Miller has hired five execs to to shake up its sales operations.
- Mark Zeller, VP North American Sales, and ex-Regional Vice President, US West for EMC
- Steve Ashurst, General Manager GM EMEA and ex-Business Development Manager at Sepaton
- John Grover, VP Human Resources
- Ellen Rome, VP Field Enablement and Demand Generation, and ex-VP, Strategic Alliances and Business Development at STORServer
- Diamond Lauffin, Chief of Channel Strategy and Execution, co-founder and sales EVP of Nexan, and founding partner of the Lauffin Group, a sales/marketing consultancy.
Bill Alexander had already been recruited as CFO, making six execs hired directly or indirectly by Miller; he was previously executive chairman. Miller’s announcement quote said:
“Talented individuals are at the heart of X-IO and are crucial to our long-term growth and direction.”
Channel sales and its enablement are a key aspect here. X-IO says Lauffin will work “with the executive team to drive its commitment to its channel program and the success of its channel partners.” Miller will be hoping he really has found a diamond and X-IO channel chums will be praying for a jewel of a partner. ®