Podcast It's another episode of our weekly techcast, hosted by Greg Knieriemen, Ed Saipetch and Sarah Vela. This week it's a full house to talk about Dell and EMC, but there was also news from AWS re:Invent, Safe Harbor and Apple. Our special guests this week are Stu Miniman, senior analyst at Wikibon and Brian Gracely, Wikibon contributor.
Here's the details:
- (1:00) Ed goes Blue while Sarah gets gamed
- (7:50) Dell to swallow EMC
- (13:30) Sarah does the dance
- (17:10) Gelsinger’s Mac
- (18:40) Safe Harbor gets sunk
- (27:13) Apple gets bit by WARF
- (32:18) Flashback: WANG from 1983
- (32:48) Introducing Stu Miniman and Brian Gracely
- (33:55) The vibe from AWS re:Invent
- (41:00) Enterprise is really on-boarding to AWS
- (45:44) The new Dell effect on tech
- (49:50) Condemnation of the public market
- (53:40) Dell or EMC brand?
- (54:20) Other suitors for EMC: Oracle?