Nimble Storage has a new generation of hybrid Adaptive Flash arrays – the CS Thousand Series – plus a new all-flash array entry-point, the AF1000.
The all-flash AF series was announced earlier this year, and Nimble has now added a cheaper AF1000 entry-level system.
If you buy this, you can scale up and also out through the range to larger and faster systems – over 1.2 million IOPS and 8PB, according to Nimble.
Nimble says arrays of any type can be clustered and managed as a single entity in a Unified Flash Fabric.
You can see an Adaptive Flash array data sheet, here [PDF]. Essentially, the AF1000 has a lower capacity and performance level than the original AF3000 entry product.
Shiny new hybrid line
Nimble says the new Adaptive Flash or CS Thousand Series [datasheet PDF] delivers up to twice the performance of the previous generation with a 40 per cent lower cost of capacity.
- Lower $/IOPS by 30-65 per cent.
- Lower $/GB (useable) by 33-43 per cent.
- With deduplication support in an upcoming release, by up to 140 per cent.
- Increase scalability by 164 per cent from a maximum useable of 440GB to over 1.1PB.
The 4U enclosure has 21 HDD slots and three dual-carrier SSD slots, meaning up to six SSDS can be used, with the starting point being three. The system supports 10TB disk drives.
Here's a Nimble blog chart showing the increased IOPS:
CS refresh IOPS boost
The CS series run the NimbleOS, as do the all-flash products, and feature the following:
- Scale out to four-way cluster.
- 99.9997 per cent availability.
- Triple+ Parity RAID – tolerates three simultaneous drive failures.
- Encryption and data shredding.
- CS1000, CS3000, and CS5000 support scale up to any model within the CS family.
- CS1000H supports scale up to the CS3000H.
Nimble suggests Adaptive Flash array products can be used as backup, archive and DR targets for its all-flash arrays. Deduplication is planned for the Adaptive Flash arrays in a future release at no cost for existing customers with an active support contract.
The AF1000 MSRP starts under $40,000 including three years of support. ®