Promo IT security training specialist SANS Institute is bringing a major event to London this summer, offering a bumper programme of intensive courses designed to arm security professionals with the skills they need to defend against database breaches and malicious attacks.
Attendees have the chance to prepare for valuable GIAC certification and will be able to put their newfound knowledge to good use immediately. The event takes place from 3 to 8 June at the Grand Connaught Rooms, offering a range of ten courses for all levels. Attendees will also be able to test their competitive skills in the SANS CORE NetWars tournament.
Course topics include:
- Advanced penetration testing, exploit writing, and ethical hacking
- Designed for those with some penetration testing knowledge, the course takes students through dozens of real-world attacks. Discussion of given attacks is followed by exercises in a hands-on lab.
- Intrusion Detection In-Depth
- Mostly but not solely for security analysts. Learn to determine whether an intrusion detection system alert is noteworthy or a false indication. Daily hands-on exercises reinforce the material.
- Windows Forensic Analysis
- How to recover and analyse forensic data on Windows systems, track user activity on your network and organise findings for incident response, investigations or litigation.
Plus much more besides.
Check out the full agenda here.
In addition, SANS Institute has launched a new campaign in EMEA called Level Up to encourage people to test their cyber security knowledge and to help highlight the cyber security skills gap.
Starting with a short, fun test covering topics such as encryption, two-factor authentication, hashing, penetration testing, and incident response, Level Up aims to attract potential new cyber security professionals into the industry. It also aims to give existing industry professionals an idea of what skills they should look to develop next, and why it’s so important to keep them up to date.
The Level Up website also features videos and case studies of some of SANS’s instructors and top industry experts, talking about how they got into cyber security as a career, why it’s so important, and how they have developed their careers.
The next Level Up event takes place on 4 June at SANS London. That Tuesday night event isn’t just open to students attending the SANS event that week, it’s also open separately to interested parties who can sign up for free here.