Looking for a fresh challenge or somewhere new to work? Here are some vacancies: Developers and a digital architect
Place your job ads with us for free or take some time to browse the listings for suitable roles
Job Alert The Register has got more jobs for readers to peruse this week as we continue efforts to keep techies in work during these testing times.
In case you didn't know, we're running free job ads for the IT industry. All anyone with a vacancy need do is send us a synopsis of the job, the company, plus a link for more information and to apply. We do the rest, for free. Really, it's that simple.
Send your tech jobs to us right here.
This week's menu of vacancies is a tasty affair. We're kicking off with a hunt for a digital forensics coordinator at Staffordshire Police.
Digital Forensic Coordinator, UK
The role is key to delivering the aims of the Force and this opportunity is not to be missed if you have:
- A genuine passion for technology.
- Experience leading teams and engaging with wider stakeholders.
- Experience of working with data, operating systems and/or digital devices.
As a Digital Forensic Coordinator you will have responsibility for the direction and service delivery of digital device examination within the DFU. You will be reviewing case submissions to understand investigative requirements, defining approach strategies and tasking your team to ensure reasonable lines of enquiry are explored successfully. Such work will be completed in adherence to ISO17025, the Forensic Science Regulator's Codes of Practice and Conduct and Force-specific policies and procedures.
As a line manager, you will play a key part in supporting your team with daily activities, as well as working with them to ensure continuous personal development, drive innovation and service improvement.
The digital world is evolving quickly and we need to keep pace. To do this we need people who have the willingness adapt quickly and seek opportunities in every challenge. We will support the right candidate with a defined training plan, including external training, and development opportunities to ensure excellence in delivering Digital Forensics.
You can get more info and apply for the role here.
Next up is a role knee-deep in high performance computing with a fascinating opportunity at a Cambridge startup, Ellexus.
C Developer, Cambridge, UK
Software startup Ellexus is looking for a C Developer to join our team of experts and help create, shape and test our existing and upcoming products.
Ellexus is the I/O profiling company. We make tools for high performance computing and machine learning. We work with supercomputing customers around the world in scientific computing sectors such as semiconductor design and life sciences. Our analytics tools are helping in the fight against Covid-19. Come and join our team of heroes!
The successful candidate will have some experience in the following areas:
- C programming
- Familiarity with working in a Linux environment
- Some knowledge of the Linux GlibC
We are open to candidates looking for full- or part-time work because we are able to offer a flexible working schedule to fit around your other commitments.
Reading, UK, based software house ProvenWorks is hiring. ProvenWorks has over a decade of experience with Salesforce.com as an ISV partner and has some of the highest rated applications on the AppExchange.
Junior Software Architect, Reading, UK
ProvenWorks is looking to fill a new, exciting, pivotal role within the UK and is inviting candidates with both the experience below and from those who may be early in their career and believe they have high potential.
- Already be an exceptionally good developer and quick learner
- Be passionate about technology, this won't just be work for you, it will be your idea of fun!
- Be based at ProvenWorks' office on campus at The University of Reading in order to work closely with key full-time staff as well as part-time students
- Be autonomous with excellent time management and communication skills
- Enjoy and be willing to actively pursue relevant IT vendor certifications.
- Work closely with the Product Manager and Sales Team to remain continuously appraised of customer feature requests & pains with their current Salesforce SaaS environment.
- Having heard customers' issues present a solution to the Technical Director & Lead Developer before handing over to the ProvenWorks' international development team for implementation.
- During the development lifecycle be involved in code and final-solution reviews as necessary
- Be a "player / coach", implementing parts of solutions yourself where necessary.
- With the assistance of the Technical Director and Lead Developer provide time for bespoke customer and medium to large jobs.
- Stay apprised of the latest developments on the Salesforce & Azure platforms to identify areas of opportunity for improvement to existing products plus new products.
- Extensive experience of an Object-oriented language such as C# or Java or even better Salesforce Apex including associated leading web technologies.
- Have studied and have used software design patterns.
- Be well-read on best practices in the areas of test-driven development and source control, experience of Git and JIRA is a bonus.
- Any experience with Azure or alternatively AWS will stand you in good stead.
That's it for this week. Have a good weekend and best of luck everyone. ®