Pushy Pure Storage is expanding its FlashStack collaboration with Cisco.
FlashStack is a converged system reference design, FlexPod style, involving Pure flash arrays and Cisco server and networking gear. For example, the FlashStack Mini bundles the FlashArray//m10 with the Cisco UCS Mini compute and fabric interconnect hardware, along with virtualization software from VMware or Microsoft.
Pure has told us:
- It and Cisco have introduced a Cisco Validated Design on FlashStack Data Center for Oracle Database 12c with Oracle Real Application Clusters, tested in both 4-node and 8-node versions.
- There are FlashStack designs for Microsoft SQL Server and Exchange; SAP ERP, HANA, and Lumira; VMware vSphere; Citrix XenDesktop; and an NVIDIA vGPU one for VDI.
- There is a Cisco Validated Design for FlashStack with VMware Horizon. FlashStack Converged Infrastructure (CI) is now a qualified solution under the Cisco Solution Incentive Program.
- Cisco and Pure have signed an agreement to promote FlashStack, FlashArray and FlashBlade business through Cisco Capital's worldwide lease base, Master Licensing Agreements and relationships with financial leads in key accounts.
- Pure has been certified on Cisco UCS 3.0, the latest Cisco UCS Manager release and the main release for the Cisco UCS Mini. Pure is working towards completing other testing requirements for Cisco MDS, UCS and Nexus compatibility, including Nexus 9000 switches.
- Cisco UCS Director can monitor, plan and execute infrastructure management tasks on joint Cisco and Pure deployments, including FlashStack CI.
- Pure arrays have SMI-S capability, meaning the arrays can be visualized in the Cisco Prime Data Center Network Management tool for help in optimization and troubleshooting.
Pure says it has seen thousands of FlashStack deployments worldwide. It claims it and Cisco are working together on FlashStack go-to-market strategies: these include structured workloads for the FlashArray product line, and unstructured workloads involving containers and micro-services with FlashBlade.
Arghh, resistance is futile. When Push comes to go-to-market shove, Pure is up there with the best of them. ®