Job Alert It's Friday again, and we're back with another list of opportunities for roles in the big and beautiful world of tech.
We're trying to help keep the IT crowd in gainful employment during these difficult times, so if you're looking to hire tech folk anywhere in the globe, send your vacancies to us and we'll list them for free.
To be clear, that's free as in free beer. Just free advertising for your tech roles, no matter where they are located, and whether they're large or small. Send them to us here.
On with the list.
First up are two roles at Blackpool and The Fylde College, one of the UK’s leading further education colleges, which has an outstanding Ofsted grade badge and offers a competitive rewards and benefits package.
IT Infrastructure Analyst, Blackpool, Lancashire
An opportunity to come and join the high performing IT team as an IT Infrastructure Analyst has become available on a permanent basis. This role is a key component of the infrastructure team, primarily focused on incident response and change management with some exposure to project work also. The successful applicant will be customer-focused, a team player and possess skills and experience in some of these areas:
- Hardware/Software firewalls
- Layer 2/3 switching/routing (Cisco/HPE)
- VOIP telephony
- MS Server Operating Systems (2012-2019)
- Virtualisation (vSphere 6+)
- Active Directory & Authentication systems (ADFS)
- Group Policy
- File Permissions/Storage
- IT Service Management platforms
- IT monitoring platforms
- Automation with PowerShell
An opportunity to come and join the growing Systems Development team as a Systems Developer has become available on a permanent basis. This role is a key component of the Development Team, primarily focused on proactive management and development of the following systems:
- SharePoint Online
- Management Information System
- Microsoft PowerApps
The successful applicant will be customer-focused, proactive, and keen to learn. Any complementary experience with basic web development and an understanding of databases would be advantageous.For more info, and to apply for the position, click here.
Over at the UK's Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA), based in Swansea, Wales, folks are recruiting to fill two roles.
Technical Product Manager
We are currently recruiting Technical Product Managers to join our IT Services (ITS) directorate.
You will have recent experience and knowledge of technical product management techniques and will be developing expert skills. As part of this you will already hold, or will be expected to commit to undertaking appropriate development / qualifications to achieve professional standards of technical product management, for example Certified Scrum Product Owner or higher.
You will be accountable for managing one or more complex, high/medium risk agile technical product deliveries, via multi-disciplinary, highly skilled digital squads as part of the DVLA’s major transformation programme.
You’ll be adept at creating, owning and delivering complex technical product roadmaps, breaking down barriers for your team, planning at a high level and getting into the detail to make things happen when needed.
You will be responsible for line management, development and coaching of Agile Delivery Managers who manage the development squads, and ensuring that they are set up successfully to deliver the product backlog.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Scoping, mobilising and ensuring the delivery of technical products, services and outcomes ensuring the delivery of high quality digital services using the appropriate blend of agile methodologies, learning & iteration.
- Creating, owning and communicating complex technical roadmaps
- Leading the collaborative, dynamic technical planning process – prioritising the outcomes that need to be achieved against the capacity and capability of the multi-disciplinary teams and ensuring there is an iterative plan to work towards to ensure successful delivery.
- Matrix-management of multidisciplinary teams through the Agile Delivery Managers to ensure the successful delivery of outcomes to the business to agreed timescales, cost and quality.
- Managing the overall integrity and coherence of the technical delivery, its dependencies and interfaces with other deliverable's through appropriate tooling.
- Ensuring all products are built to an appropriate level of quality for the stage (alpha/beta/production) and stakeholder audience.
Please refer to the Job Profile for the full role of responsibilities. This role will require occasional travel between Swansea sites and ad-hoc travel across the UK.
Service Desk SpecialistJob description: Based in Swansea, the Service Desk team provide a single point of contact for DVLA employees and external customers using ITS services.
You will lead a dynamic team, support team analysts and quality check work. You will be responsible for ensuring work is delivered to a high standard, customer focused and implement service suggestions to drive continuous service improvement.
There will be a technical element to the role, where you will action access management requests, provide effective management of IT incidents and deliver resolutions for service requests.
There are excellent opportunities to learn and progress in technology, gain new skills and develop an exciting career in IT. This will be an interesting team to join, working on tasks on a rota basis will mean you will have variety in your role, undertaking tasks working in a supportive team who encourage linked up working.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Participation in the development, implementation, maintenance and improvement of Service Desk policies, processes, procedures and standards in support of ITOST and ITS objectives
- You will assist the Service Desk Leads and Manager in their activities relating to the delivery of an effective Service Desk. Responsible for making changes to the processes as directed, and operating the processes end-to-end to ensure optimal overall performance.
- Managing the day-to-day activities of Service Desk ensuring service levels and process quality are maintained and continually improved.
- Working within a team with some supervision supporting end users with technical queries and access requests relating to several DVLA services and systems (e.g. Microsoft products, operating systems, networks, applications, PCS, Drivers, Vehicles, Corporate and Common Services).
- Liaising with relevant stakeholders to ensure the impacts of any changes are co-ordinated, communicated and understood.
That's it for another week. Good luck in your job searches and remember - keep sending those opportunities through to us here. ®