Job Alert As the month draws to a close and with the pandemic still biting, we're back again with our free list of job opportunities in the big and beautiful world of tech.
You may recall, we're trying to help keep techies in gainful employment during these testing times. If you're looking to hire IT folk anywhere on the planet, send your vacancies this way and we'll list them for free.
To be clear, that's free meaning no money. Just free advertising for tech positions. We don't care where the roles are based, we don't care how big or small, just send them to us here.
On with the list for this week.
Media Application Test Specialist, Wroclaw, Poland
Consult Red is seeking a talented Media Application Test Specialist, with a proven track record of testing OTT applications, as a part of an agile team.
- At least 3 years of experience testing OTT apps (Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime TV or other)
- Digital TV experience
- ISTQB foundation certificate
- Linux knowledge
- Basic understanding of network issues
- Experience using Jira/Zephyr
- Flexible, proactive, can-do approach
- Very good English skills, at least B2 level
If that sounds like something of interest, you can click here to find out more about the role and to apply.
Embedded Software Engineer, Shipley, UK
Consult Red is looking for a talented Software Engineer to work on cutting-edge embedded software projects as part of an agile team, based at its office in Shipley, West Yorkshire.
- Strong experience with C, C++ or Java in an embedded Linux or Android environment
- Strong debug and problem solving skills.
- Experience developing and debugging multithreaded and/or multiprocess code
- Ability to understand complex issues and discuss them via phone, email and other methods
- Flexible, can-do approach
Next up is Astra Zeneca with its search for a person to fill a leadership position in its Data Engineering Organisation.
Lead DataOps Engineer, UK/USA
The role would be to lead one of the core data competencies to help drive the digital strategy at a company at the forefront of science that makes patient lives better every day.
- Defines and directs the Data Engineering and DataOps activities relative to Data Enablement
- Maintains awareness and knowledge of industry trends and enthusiastically identifies and drives the identification of opportunities to be demonstrated in the DataOps arena
- Works with Architects and Innovation to align capabilities to technology and supporting implementation standard methodologies
- Coaches and mentors Data Engineering teams and personnel across the firm in DataOps methods, standards and standard methodologies
- Provides leadership to efforts to plan, engineer and design IT data applications
- May, over time, be a direct manager of other Data Engineers/DataOps personnel providing all day-to-day leadership required
- Works with other AZ teams or preferred third-party suppliers to provide strategic and innovative technology applications aligned with Data Enablement and AstraZeneca business needs
- Provide technical feedback to business cases, Request for Proposals, supplier selection and evaluation of proposals related to technology supporting Data Enablement and DataOps specifically
What we are looking for?
- Evidence of leading, shaping and designing innovative data solutions and driving change in a matrix structure
- Ability to interpret and communicate technical information into business language
- Expertise in Agile Development techniques and Methodologies
- Expert in data and application design patterns and processes
- Significant experience in leading global teams related to functional area, and demonstrate technical SME and proficiency in leading/influencing matrixed technical teams
- Exposure to Data Pipelines (Ingest & Store, Data Preparation, Discover & Present, Insight & Experience)
- DevOps/DataOps execution skills
- Proven experience of developing and managing relationships with 3rd party suppliers
- Strong knowledge of cloud and modern big data concepts with at least some practical experience
- Ability to travel regularly, potentially globally
This is a leadership position and would require experience in setting and delivering strategic direction, and can be based in UK or USA.
Our final job for today comes from software develoment firm Payara. It's looking for a Senior Java Test Engineer.
Senior Java Test Engineer, Remote, UK
Java Test Engineers are passionate about technology, doing things right, and applying that passion to deliver the best solutions to meet our client expectations. You will be the foundation of the Technical Delivery team, building processes and procedures that focus on problem solving, design and implementation of quality focused solutions.
As a Senior Java Test Engineer your responsibilities are:
- Manage the full test cycle ensuring a robust process is in place
- Create automated testing practices for live development within multi-disciplined team projects
- Design and deploy testing strategies to ensure quality within Payara products
- Design, deploy, and maintain test suites for ensuring Payara products are of a high-quality
- Keep our test suite infrastructure maintained and up to date – System Administration
- Plan and coordinate the monthly release process for all Payara Products
- Providing QA/CI support to the Engineering Teams
- Ensure Payara development processes are adhered to
- Author test-related technical documentation, knowledge bases and best practice guides
- Building in-house knowledge and expertise in the testing of Payara Products and surrounding technologies
- Building best practice in the testing and continuous integration of Payara products
- Building tools and techniques to aid monitoring of Payara products
- Some on-call or out-of-hours working may be required for this role
As a Senior Java Test Engineer, you require the following skills:
- Strong software testing experience
- Experience of Enterprise Java technologies such as:
- Payara Server
- Oracle WebLogic
- IBM WebSphere application server
- Apache Tomcat
- Oracle Glassfish
- Strong knowledge of test platforms and frameworks such as:
- Strong knowledge of administration, configuration and development of testing within cloud environments such as:
- Strong systems administration background across multiple operating systems
That concludes this weeks opportunities, good luck with the job hunting. ®