Job Alert Looks like the summer's over and everyone is growing their tech team, judging by the bundle of openings we have this week.
You might remember, we're doing our little bit to keep techies teching during these pandemic-hit times by offering up free job listings. So if you're hiring anywhere in the world, for a big or small role, send the jobs to us here and we'll publish them. There's no catch.
First up this week, we have a role from Rapid Health, which builds clinical logic engines and is looking for a Senior Backend Developer to drive the development of a new API and service for its SaaS service portfolio. This role is full time and permanent.
Senior Backend Developer, Remote, UK/EU
We build clinical logic engines that support clinicians and get patients to the right care instance in less time and at a lower cost. We are currently working on the next generation of safe AI in healthcare. You will develop key parts of the technology stack and drive improvements to the service. We currently run Java containers on Kubernetes, but Clojure champions are most welcome.
The ideal candidate will have experienced several product life cycles, consistently delivering scalable, reliable services in an agile environment. You will be comfortable with cloud-based DevOps workflows and asynchronous communication. You will be a self-starter and take initiative to improve the code and products.
This role is remote in the UK or the EU. We currently have people based in the UK, Croatia and Portugal.
Skills and experience required
- Extensive software development experience
- Deep API expertise
- Extensive experience designing and architecting backend solutions
A bonus would be:
* Docker, Java, Kubernetes, Big Data
To find out more about this opportunity and to apply for the role, click here.
The next organisation is the UK's vehicle licensing department, the DVLA, which is hunting for a fleet of software engineers to help with its ongoing digital services drive.
Remote Engineering roles at DVLA Digital
Our vision is to be the most amazing place to develop digital services and a dev-ops centre of excellence for all of government.
We're looking for people who can:
- Help us speed up agile delivery by improving teamwork and process, and challenging some of the our conventions and ways of working with new ideas and experiences
- Work with us to design and build more resilient and secure solutions by increasing our use of cloud services and modern design patterns and tools.
DVLA is one of the largest employers in the region, and we are proud of our heritage and the contribution we make to South Wales, the UK economy and the wider social good. Accelerating and expanding our digital evolution will create significant career opportunities for IT and Digital talent. These opportunities are unrivalled in the South Wales and South West region and represent a unique opportunity for you to make your mark in a career which matters.
- We encourage a great work-life balance with flexible working hours
- Best in class Learning & Development and developed career pathways
- Digital communities with a dynamic social environment
- Generous salary and pension
- On-site gym plus personal training
- On-site nursery, restaurants and coffee bar
- 25 days holiday, increasing by 1 each year (up to 30) plus Bank Hols
- Range of staff groups to support all our colleagues
- Free parking
- Buy and sell annual leave
Lead Software Engineer – Fixed Term Salary: £49,835-£60,649 depending on skills and experience. We may offer an additional 'Digitech Allowance' of up to £15,000 for candidates who demonstrate a high level of capability during assessment. Click here for more info and to apply.
Senior Software Engineer – Fixed Term Salary: £37,803-£42,991 depending on skills and experience. We may offer an additional 'DigiTec Allowance' of up to £4,000 for candidates who demonstrate a high level of capability during assessment. Click here for more info and to apply.
Software Engineer – Fixed Term Salary: £30,131-£32,691. Click here for more info and to apply.
Software Development Engineer in Test – Fixed Term Salary: £37,803-£42,991 (depending on skills and experience). Click here for more info and to apply.
Software Engineer Salary: £30,131-£32,691. Click here for more info and to apply.
Next up is the organisation Consult Red, which has some developer and DevOps opportunities, both in Poland and the UK.
Integration Engineer (DevOps/CM), Wroclaw, Poland
Essential Requirements: It's a role that can suit devops or configuration managers or, of course, integrators wishing to step up.
These are your necessary skills:
- Advanced Linux User knowledge
- Good knowledge of embedded devices and interfacing tools to them
- Open software experience including patching and dependency resolution
- Bash scripting
- Yocto and Bitbake (basics)
- Strong communication skills and good people skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to communicate it
For more information and to apply click here.
Tech Lead, Shipley UK
What you will need to bring to this role is:
- Really strong, hands-on, software engineering experience
- Great knowledge of modern software engineering techniques – such as object-oriented design, unit testing/test driven development, CI/CD, use of code analysis tools
- You are likely to have experience of developing in languages such as C++ or Java, but you'll also be comfortable with the idea of learning new languages and technologies quickly
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum teams
- Experience mentoring and supporting other engineers on your team. While this doesn't need to be in a formal management/leadership capacity, you will be a "people person" and a very strong team player, and you'll know how to encourage a team to achieve it’s technical goals and hit deadlines
- A desire to grow your career – you'll be the sort of person who is always up for a challenge, interested to learn new things and gain new experience
- A flexible, can-do approach
- Outstanding communication skills; you'll be confident discussing technical matters with both technical and non-technical people
If that sounds like you and you'd like to know more and to apply for this role, click here.
Our final vacancy is this week is at one of the world's most prestigious publishers – Situation Publishing, the home of this fine tome.
Perl/Full stack developer, UK, EU, Remote
How can you not be tempted? Click here to find out more and to apply for this position.
That's it for this week – keep sending jobs and we'll keep promoting them for free. Good luck everyone. ®