Time for a change and a fresh tech role? Have a browse of this week's Reg job listings
Employers seek software engineers, support, new grads, and more
Job Alert We've got a bunch of interesting roles to get your teeth stuck into this week.
We're trying to keep the global tech workforce gainfully employed in these testing times. So if you're hiring techies, send your jobs to us here and we'll promote them for free. No catch.
You can find past listings here.
You can get alerts whenever we post jobs by going here.
First up we're off to L2S2, a healthcare software specialist, which has a rack of roles available for your consideration.
Software Engineer - Cambridge, UK
L2S2 has partnered with Arm to fuse our healthcare software expertise with their leading-edge silicon and IoT capabilities to facilitate a new generation of connected medical devices that will improve people’s lives.
You will have the opportunity to make a tangible impact on exciting projects as part of a skilled engineering and medical team. Our international approvals and expertise make it possible for us to access huge medical datasets, the life blood of next generation AI medical devices and our access to health systems will enable you to see your work helping patients quickly.
We are hiring a C#/MS SQL Software Engineer to work at our premises 5 miles west of the centre of Cambridge. We are offering a competitive salary for this position. We are currently working remotely, with a view to return to the offices once it is safe to do so.
- Experience with C# and MS SQL are essential for this role, applicants without relevant experience will not be considered for this role
- Customer support, including report configuration, user system management in production systems
- Producing documentation for process control and quality management
- Deploying, maintaining and supporting applications in a professional hosting environment
- Work with development team on data analysis and loading
- Monitor data import software and work with development team to fix issues
- Unit, system and integration testing to release bug free applications
- Building application release with the help of development team
- Work with development team to maintain application databases
- Issue encrypted reports to customers
WPF Software Engineer – Cambridge, UK
Job Description for this role
- Writing mobile and desktop applications using C# and WPF
- Development of current, new and pre-existing products
- Communication and contributing to the architecture or products
- Involvement in the full SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle)
- Producing documentation for process control and quality management
- Proven work experience as a WPF Software Engineer or similar role
- Proficiency in C# Visual Studio, WPF and .NET
- Proficiency in using MS Office
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or Engineering
- Ability to plan, execute and document technical work and projects
- Excellent programming and problem-solving skills
- Active collaborator, experienced in creating technical partnerships across teams
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to pay careful attention to detail
- Self-motivated, details oriented and organised
- Track record of applying new technologies and learning new languages to solve problems
- Interpersonal communication skills using business, technical and user-friendly language, tailored to the audience
- Knowledge of and experience in working with data security
- Fluency in written and spoken business English
IT Support Engineer – Cambridge, UK
We are hiring an IT Support Engineer. You will work as part of a motivated team supporting world class analytical products that improve healthcare in hospitals across the world.
You will work at our premises, 5 miles (8km) west of the centre of Cambridge although due to COVID-19 we are currently working remotely, with a view to return to the offices once it is safe to do so.
- Provide direct support to IT Operations Manager
- Daily maintenance of IT systems (hardware and software) and asset management
- Installation and set-up of L2S2 web applications and internal software
- Streamlining, implementing and improving business IT processes
- Testing applications and supporting engineers in day to day tasks
- Some first line and second line customer and internal IT support
- Supporting upkeep of data and systems in line with ISO Standards, GDPR, Governance and Compliance
- Incident management
- Logging and managing issues, escalating to senior management when appropriate
- Documentation of systems, processes and end-user support guides
Graduate Position Technology – Cambridge, UK
Are you enthusiastic about new technology and looking for a career where you can help shape the future of L2S2? Are you ready to take the first step on a successful, challenging and exciting career path?
We are looking to offer hardworking and enthusiastic graduates a great start to your engineering career.
L2S2 has partnered with Arm to fuse our healthcare software expertise with their leading-edge silicon and IoT capabilities to facilitate a new generation of connected medical devices that will improve people’s lives. You will have the opportunity to make a tangible impact on exciting projects as part of a skilled engineering and medical team.
Areas of Study
We are looking for graduates with knowledge and experience in the following areas.
- STEM Backgrounds
- New technologies – AI/ML
- Software/Hardware design
Next up, we're heading to ConsultRed, which has roles both in Shipley, UK and Wroclaw, Poland.
Media Application Test Specialist - Wroclaw, Poland
About the role: We're looking for a talented Media Application Test Specialist, with a proven track record of testing OTT applications, as a part of an agile team.
How you'll spend your time
- Being a key part of a team responsible for quality assurance
- Working closely with our software engineers
- Setting up a test environment for newly developed features
- Writing scripts to test apps’ different features
- Executing pre-certification tests for integrated apps
- Creating, update and close defect tickets
- Preparing the tests results and recording the outcome
- Coordinating with app vendors for queries
- Broadening your domain knowledge
Solution Architect - Shipley, UK
We’re looking for an experienced Solution Architect to join our Technology team, which delivers industry-leading solutions to customers and helps to shape the future of our business.
As a Solution Architect, you’ll have significant strategic input in the success and future direction of the company. Our architects are also the “glue” that holds projects together: advocating for the customer’s needs and requirements, whilst pulling a variety of internal teams in one direction towards a common goal.
In terms of approach, you’ll need more than just technical know-how. You’ll be calm, measured, honest and authentic. More than anything else, you’ll be a key advocate in our belief in striving for simple, successful and scalable design for all of our customers.
That's it for this week. Keep the jobs coming. Good luck everyone. ®