This article is more than 1 year old
USA, Germany, UK: From systems engineer to data centre mechanics guru, here are this week's jobs
Worldwide vacancies if you're looking for work – and free ads if you want workers
Job Alert We're running free job ads to try and keep techies in gainful employment during these testing times.
If you're hiring in the IT sector, send your job opportunities to us here and we'll promote them for free.
If you're looking for work, you can find past listings here and get alerts whenever we post new opportunities here.
On with the jobs. First up, a couple of opportunities in West Virginia in the US.
PROGRAMMER / DEVELOPER, CHARLESTON, WEST VIRGINIA, USAThe West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission in Charleston, West Virginia is seeking qualified candidates for a Charleston-based programmer position.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Research and Policy, the Programmer/Developer provides systems analysis and programming support for state-level data submissions, state financial aid programs and ad hoc projects.
The position offers opportunities for advanced training/professional development.
- Works with programmers in systems and design analysis.
- Maintains and updates existing front-end (C#/.NET) code for applications comprising the agency's Financial Aid Management (FAMS) system and institutional data file submission system, along with other internally developed applications.
- Supports the modernization of existing applications.
- Facilitates submission, edit checking, warehousing, and reporting on postsecondary institutional data submissions to the Commission through maintenance and development of web interface systems.
- Manages data intake, matching and validation for the statewide longitudinal data system.
- Provides technical support to users.
- Develops and maintains technical documentation for existing and future applications.
- Ensures implementation of appropriate data security and role-based data access protocols.
- Maintains currency of knowledge and skills relating to duties and responsibilities.
- Works collaboratively with other programmers in the division to develop standards and specifications for new and existing applications and contributes to a shared code repository.
If that sounds good, you can go here for more information and to apply [PDF].
SENIOR PROGRAMMER AND DATA ANALYST, CHARLESTON, WEST VIRGINIA, USAReporting to the Senior Director of Research and Policy, the Senior Programmer and Data Analyst provides high-level systems analysis and programming support for state-level data submissions, state financial aid programs and ad hoc projects; and is instrumental in providing accurate and meaningful information to stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitates submission, edit checking, warehousing, and reporting on postsecondary institutional data submissions to the Commission and Council. Works as part of a development team to maintain, enhance, and support the development of web-based computer applications.
- Provides institutional and user support related to institutional data submission and other web-based computer applications.
- Develops and maintains applications used by research staff to access and analyze institutional data for statutory and ad hoc reporting.
- Develops documentation of information system processes; and applies appropriate data security and role-based data access protocols.
- Assists in the development of system requirements and specifications.
If that sounds like you, please go here for more information and to apply for this opportunity [PDF].
Next we're heading to Germany's capital to check out a position at Palo Alto Networks.
SYSTEMS ENGINEER SPECIALIST, BERLIN, GERMANYAs our authority in Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud (GCP, and other public cloud environments. You are the "go to" resource for customer interactions that exceed standard Systems Engineering support requirements – we always expect a baseline expertise in all areas from our SE's but augment them with SME's in the advanced or new technology areas.
The Prisma Cloud Systems Engineering role is a technical role that directly supports sales delivery of quota. You will be measured by your expertise and your ability to lead to customer successes. There is also a requirement for close interaction with Product Management teams, Consulting Engineering teams to ensure that we continue to out-innovate our competition.
As part of our Systems Engineering team, you'll support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won't find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn't committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineering team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfilment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
Sound good? You can find out more and apply for this role here.
Next we'll swing by the UK for a number of roles. First up, Conduent.
MID LEVEL .NET DEVELOPER, HAVANT, UKConduent Parking Enforcement Solutions (CPES) is one of the UK leading providers of technology solutions and services for parking enforcement. CPES has been established on the South Coast of the UK for over 20 years and is known for the creation of its highly configurable Parking Enforcement Product Suite. We are dedicated to creating and implementing innovative business led solutions
The development team work on a product suite which encompasses Mobile Handheld devices, Web based applications and back office desktop application.
Our software developers are responsible for the development and improvement of CPES solutions and providing technical designs and guidance to the rest of the development team.
You will also be responsible for:
- Feeding into high-level and low-level technical design processes.
- Developing systems and services based on both customer and business requirements.
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation
- Supporting and maintaining existing systems and services.
We are seeking applicants with a degree level qualification or equivalent in software engineering or computer science.
If that sounds good, you can go here to find out more and apply.
DIGITAL FORENSICS AND DATA MANAGEMENT ANALYST, NEWPORT, UKConduent Legal, Compliance and Analytics (aka “CLCA”) are seeking a “Digital Forensics and Data Management Analyst” in line with the growth of their eDiscovery, Legal Operations, Data Risk and Analytics solutions offering.
This position forms a key component to delivering upon complex and fast paced client engagements in-line with the EDRM, which involve time sensitive data collections, forensic analysis and processing of corporate ESI acquired from many data sources using industry standard tools and repeatable workflows. CLCA has a vast client base and deals with high volumes of data, and this position focuses on a commitment to efficiency, attention to detail, technical know-how and time management while following standardised processes.
Job Responsibilities (may include, but are not limited to):
- Work flexibly within a Global team environment, and on time sensitive projects.
- Receive, sanitize, prepare and potentially arrange transportation of encrypted evidence storage media following strict handling guidelines.
- Create and maintain evidence media and data source chain of custody and acquisition history logs.
- Physically disassemble and examine computers and related hardware, if necessary.
- Use industry standard tools and software to perform on-prem, on-site or remote forensically sound collections of electronic evidence from computer related equipment, network devices and information systems.
- Receive and catalogue client digital and physical media following strict handling guidelines and in accordance with regional data privacy legislation and or guidelines.
- Validate and process client ESI using a series of applications and scripts.
- Analyse, identify root cause, apply technical knowledge and/ or escalate whilst working alongside other necessary departments to resolve any data integrity issues.
- Proactively update project status in an accurate and timely manner, via posting to our work request tracking system and written communications to all project stakeholders.
- Work closely with team members and management to ensure client requirements are completed and to improve workflow efficiency by identifying bottlenecks.
- Work alongside Client Managers to address project related questions or generate reports, making recommendations where applicable.
For our final job, we head across to our friends at Oracle.
CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER – ORACLE CLOUD INFRASTRUCTURE, UK, EUROPEOracle is seeking a Critical Infrastructure Engineer to become part of a global engineering team, responsible for the design and continuous innovation within our rapidly expanding data centre foot print.
Engineers at Oracle work to design and validate resilient, cost effective Mechanical Distribution Systems. As engineers at Oracle we are responsible for achieving a world class uptime for our customers. We drive continuous advancements and improvements with our designs, and communicate technical direction to Sr. Management. We seek new ways to enhance the reliability, scalability, and cost effectiveness of our engineering designs. As an engineer at Oracle you have the ability to drive change, define and design the systems our customers rely on.
Responsibilities of the Mechanical Engineer
- Collaborate with core team to understand/develop data centre (DC) mechanical designs (basis of design, construction issues for build-outs, infrastructure upgrades).
- Manage all environmental control system issues during concept design, detailed design, procurement, bidding, manufacturing, delivery, and installation on site
- Identify and resolve issues raised by the cross-functional teams and various external stakeholders
- Generate scope of work for equipment infrastructure upgrades based on project needs, work with teams to update/document configuration
- Interface with global operations teams and vendors to deliver mechanical solutions for projects.
- Be responsible for vendor QA/QC and successful product delivery per internal/external design and equipment standards.
- Provide cross-discipline collaboration and general understanding of interrelated issues. Update/maintain internal design specifications, drawings and standards to the latest configurations for equipment.
If that is interesting to you, please visit here to get more information and to apply.
That's it for this week, good luck to all the applicants.
Keep the jobs coming. ®