This article is more than 1 year old
Think it's about time for the next challenge? Check out these software vacancies on both sides of the pond
Come on in and take a look at this week's opportunities – and keep those free ads coming if you need tech talent
Job Alert With the pandemic still in full swing, The Reg is publishing free job ads to help keep tech professionals in gainful employment during these unusual times.
If you're trying to hire in the IT sector, send your job opportunities to us here and we'll promote them for free.
On with the program.
We'll start with the UK and the NHS.
DEVELOPERS, SITTINGBORNE, KENT, UK
KMPT (Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust) are looking for 2 more Software Developers to join our team:
Each position offers the opportunity to be involved with building new platforms using the latest technologies; in a team that has the freedom to innovate with their system designs and implementations.
The team has grown rapidly from just 2 to 9 in the last 10 months. Experience with development in the NHS in not a requirement, so if you've never worked for the NHS before then here is a great opportunity.
The in-house software development continues to benefit the Trust - so the team continues to grow. With investment not just in staff numbers, but also comprehensive training, infrastructure and supporting software systems.
The role involves working within a small dedicated team, with a ‘can-do’ attitude giving you the opportunity to thrive in a environment that offers the responsibility to directly deliver and influence projects; allowing you to demonstrate your desire to make a positive and tangible impact.
The team spend time working from home and from our office in Sittingbourne, Kent, and there are opportunities for flexible work patterns.
Key Tech Requirements
- DotNet Core / C#
- Agile, DevOps & CI/CD
- Microservices & Containers
- Docker & Kubernetes
- RESTful APIs / OData - Command Driven & Event sourced
- Transactional & noSQL databases
- Integration Engines - NextGen Connect (aka Mirth)
If this piques your interest, go here to get the full lowdown and to apply for these roles.
Next up, Automation Consultants.
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER, READING, UKYour role would be leading development efforts on a core product, which is offered as a SaaS and on-premise solution that has seen rapid growth. You would be reporting directly to the Head of Product Development and be involved in key decision making, as well as acting as a mentor and thought leader around our development activities.
GRADUATE SOFTWARE ENGINEER, READING UKReporting to the Head of Product Development and working as part of our highly skilled and collaborative development team, you will perform Full Stack development across a range of applications and products.
This is a diverse and fast-paced role that requires vast programming knowledge and the passion to bring innovative ideas to the team
GRADUATE SOFTWARE CONSULTANT, READING UKWorking as part of our highly skilled consultancy team, you will work through complex client projects, including data migrations, software upgrades and performance testing, as well as conducting internal projects and development.
This is a diverse and fast-paced role that requires wide technical knowledge, the ability to problem solve and adopt new technical skills quickly.
You can find out more about careers at Automation Consultants here and find out more and apply for the job specifically here (PDF).
Now, to West Virginia, USA.
PROGRAMMER / DEVELOPER, CHARLESTON, WEST VIRGINIA, USA
The West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission in Charleston, West Virginia is seeking qualified candidates for a Charleston-based programmer position.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Research and Policy, the Programmer/Developer provides systems analysis and programming support for state-level data submissions, state financial aid programs and ad hoc projects.
The position offers opportunities for advanced training/professional development.
- Works with programmers in systems and design analysis.
- Maintains and updates existing front-end (C#/.NET) code for applications comprising the agency's Financial Aid Management (FAMS) system and institutional data file submission system, along with other internally developed applications.
- Supports the modernization of existing applications.
- Facilitates submission, edit checking, warehousing, and reporting on postsecondary institutional data submissions to the Commission through maintenance and development of web interface systems.
- Manages data intake, matching and validation for the statewide longitudinal data system.
- Provides technical support to users.
- Develops and maintains technical documentation for existing and future applications.
- Ensures implementation of appropriate data security and role-based data access protocols.
- Maintains currency of knowledge and skills relating to duties and responsibilities.
- Works collaboratively with other programmers in the division to develop standards and specifications for new and existing applications and contributes to a shared code repository.
If that sounds good, you can go here for more information and to apply [PDF].
SENIOR PROGRAMMER AND DATA ANALYST, CHARLESTON, WEST VIRGINIA, USA Reporting to the Senior Director of Research and Policy, the Senior Programmer and Data Analyst provides high-level systems analysis and programming support for state-level data submissions, state financial aid programs and ad hoc projects; and is instrumental in providing accurate and meaningful information to stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitates submission, edit checking, warehousing, and reporting on postsecondary institutional data submissions to the Commission and Council.
- Works as part of a development team to maintain, enhance, and support the development of web-based computer applications.
- Provides institutional and user support related to institutional data submission and other web-based computer applications.
- Develops and maintains applications used by research staff to access and analyze institutional data for statutory and ad hoc reporting.
- Develops documentation of information system processes; and applies appropriate data security and role-based data access protocols.
- Assists in the development of system requirements and specifications.
If that sounds like you, please go here for more information and to apply for this opportunity [PDF].
Next up, back to the UK and Sensical Services.
LEAD SYSTEMS ENGINEER, CITY OF LONDON, ENGLANDReporting to director level and working alongside heads of department for support and project delivery, this highly technical role will have sole responsibility for planning and executing the discovery, documentation, monitoring, ongoing maintenance, and continual improvement of all internal and customer production systems under support.
The ideal candidate must be highly organised, possess expert technical knowledge and be able to quickly master complex technical systems, their component parts, and interdependencies. The role will suit a highly motivated individual with a passion for quality and the drive to seek out and own potential issues and opportunities for system improvement.
This role has no direct reports but will work closely with existing engineering resources who can take responsibility for systems under your direction.
If this sounds like your kind of thing, you can go here to find out more information and to apply.
Last but certainly not least this week, we're back in London.
3RD LINE ENGINEER ROLE, LONDON, UKScoria Tech are a global Cloud-first Managed Service Provider and Microsoft Gold Partner with HQ in Central London and we are looking to add another 3rd line engineer to the growing team.
The successful applicant will be a gifted engineer capable of taking on any technical query with very little prior exposure. No qualifications are necessary, demonstrable technical skill is of more importance.
Our clients run environments based on Azure, Office 365, HP/Dell hardware, Cisco/HP networking, all versions of Windows and peripheral devices such as phones and tablets. You will already have broad experience working with all these technologies.
The position is office-based as it includes constant in-person mentoring of other staff.
Applicants will run through psychometric testing prior to the interview stage where they will need to demonstrate top level troubleshooting techniques. Only applicants fluent in English will be considered for the role, communication is of the utmost importance to be successful in the position.
You can find out more and apply for this role by sending an email here.
That's it for this week. Good luck everyone, keep the jobs coming. ®