This article is more than 1 year old
Looking for a new IT job? This week's list includes roles ranging from infosec analyst to working on embedded software for set-top boxes
Send jobs in - based anywhere in the world - and we'll publish them for free
Job Alert The Register is publishing free job ads to help keep tech professionals in gainful employment during Global Pandemic V3.0.
If you're trying to hire techies, send your job opportunities to us here and we'll promote them for free.
For those hunting new opportunities, you can find past listings here and get alerts whenever we post new opportunities here.
We'll start the proceedings in the UK at the William Jackson food group in Yorkshire - a family firm with a 170 year history.
INFORMATION SECURITY ANALYST, YORKSHIRE AND THE HUMBER, UK
Information Security Analyst/Engineer, Hull or home-based: In this exciting role you will be part of our inhouse technology team who are delivering a progressive agenda of internal systems change and online/ecommerce (B2B & B2C) solutions.
In this key role you will be responsible for the day to day running and development of security advancements to ensure we protect our all our businesses, customers and stakeholders. You will help ensure the safeguarding of all information systems & data from unauthorised access and social engineering threats across our infrastructure, endpoints, web/online and cloud environments.
- Investigate & document security related incidents, make recommendations to improve and action implementation of improvements
- Deploy and maintain local and remote security measures to protect all our systems and infrastructure (eg firewalls and endpoint devices)
- Perform vulnerability testing and analysis across all business systems and devices, recommend necessary improvements and implement
- Provide advice and guidance on information security best practices to all businesses within the group
Skills and experience required as the Information Security Analyst/Engineer
- Solid forensic investigation skills to analyse data where a breach occurs or other types of threat vectors
- Significant experience in secure deployment, management, maintenance and troubleshooting of multiple IT and online systems (eg firewalls, switches, routers, servers & desktops/laptops/mobile devices)
- Broad knowledge and excellent understanding of information security solutions and their supporting systems, on-prem, cloud and online
- Good understanding of PCI DSS and online payment solutions
- Good understanding of the security frameworks, including cyber essentials framework and the controls/processes needed to work within them
- Experienced in cloud & web security, especially the major platforms and online/ecommerce
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to achieve the necessary outcomes, but remain calm and instil confidence in others
Sound good? You can get all of the details and apply for this job by clicking here.
FRONT END DEVELOPER, YORKSHIRE AND THE HUMBER, UK
Frontend / Full Stack Developer, Hull or home-based: In this exciting role you will be part of our in-house e-commerce team who are delivering new and cutting edge online offers across all our businesses, for our customers in both B2B & B2C markets.
In this key role you will be responsible for the development and seeing features right through from inception to delivery on exciting new and existing projects, in different business domains that enables growth. Taking ownership and collaborating with co-workers to build, maintain and improve new and existing frontend architecture and analysing data to improve user experiences.
Essential skills:You will need to be an advocate of agile development, ready to learn new and emerging technologies and have up to date industry knowledge of best practice, along with solid professional/enterprise experience in some or all of the following:
- React (HOC, State management, Async, etc)
- Node + NPM/Yarn
- Designing and building REST APIs
- Cloud technologies, ideally Azure
- Adhere to TDD
- Proficiency with source control (e.g. Git)
- Ideally prior knowledge or a willingness to learn .NET Core/.NET 5
- Professional or personal experience in Dynamics 365/Dynamics AX/Dynamics Commerce / E-Commerce Solutions / Payment Gateway Solutions / Database design and management
You will need to be able to work on your own initiative, whilst delivering to the given time frames, be able to work as part of a team, and be able to work in a fast paced environment where you may need to react to the changing requirements quickly.
Ideally you will be based in or around East Yorkshire, however, we are open to applications from all people and will look at the role being home based if that works best for you.
If you want to know more about that role or want to apply, you can click here for the full details.
Next, to Israel and Oracle, which is looking to bolster some of its data center ops.
OCI DATA CENTER TECHNICIAN, JERUSALEM, ISREALAre you an experienced Data Centre Technician that has experience in data centre design/operation, racking, stacking, hardware break-fix and everything in between?
Interested in new challenges and being part of a newly created team working on critical projects? Then we’d like to talk to you.
An Oracle Data Centre Technician will be the technical liaison between the technology teams and the Data Centre Environment.
You are able to troubleshoot and solve all but the most complex infrastructure issues.
As a skilled troubleshooter on a wide range of Data Centre environment and systems you understand which issues to escalate to the appropriate resolver groups.
You create and maintain documentation on technologies you support.
You understand all aspects of the equipment you support.
You know how to innovate and make decisions on your own, but also know how to take direction when it is given, paying attention to all details involved.
Expected to improve current processes, and introduce automation with an aim towards simplification.
You are able to execute small projects on your own and work with your manager in planning and executing larger local projects.
You understand all aspects of the equipment you support.
Some travel will be involved.
This position involves working on a 24/7 shift rota system 365 days per year.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems OR equivalent work experience
- Recent graduates are encouraged to apply if they can demonstrate interest and knowledge in the position and a willingness to learn on the job – gap year students also considered
- Min 3 years of experience in IT Infrastructure support and server administration in a mid-sized environment (200 - 1000+ server systems).
- Min 3 years experience of data centre M&E equipment
- Demonstrated examples of a drive to dig into the details of a system or process to solve customer problems
- Experience working in a mission-critical operations environment
- The position has a physical component requiring the ability to lift up to 25kg and may require working in cramped spaces or elevated locations
- Ability to speak confidently & communicate clearly in a virtual environment
- Strong adherence to process and be process champion (including drafting new processes or challenging shortcomings in existing)
- Excellent communication skills (oral & written) and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of customers and staff
- Experience providing client-facing, direct customer support and service
- Ability to work productively in remote cross-functional teams or resourcefully and independently as an individual
- Highly service-oriented, reliable, responsible, self-motivated
- Fluent in English
You can get the full details and apply for this job by clicking here.
OCI DATA CENTER SERVICE LEADER, JERUSALEM, ISRAELDo you have experience managing Data Center services - from racking & stacking to deployment & decommissioning – and everything in between? Are you an experienced Data Centre Manager that has experience managing multiple vendors? Interested in new challenges and being part of a newly created team working on critical projects? Then we’d like to talk to you.
Profile:Your versatility will be your greatest asset as you deliver mission-critical support and empower our customers to harness the full power of Oracle products. We also look for:
- Proficient background in IT Service Management disciplines (Problem Management, Change Management, Incident Management, Knowledge Management, Continual Improvement).
- Proven Experience in Data Centre Operations/Technical Support/Engineering.
- Experienced in supporting large, Enterprise customers in an Operations environment.
- Demonstrated examples of a drive to dig into the details of a process to improve service delivery.
- Knowledge of OCI and Cloud Computing Concepts.
- Experience and background in supporting enterprise servers, storage and networking technologies.
- Proficient knowledge and experience of Data Centre Infrastructure, processes and procedures: Cooling, Power (UPS, Generator, MV/LV panel) and Fire Protection Systems
- You are able to execute small & mid-sized projects and contribute towards global projects
- You ensure adherence to all established guidelines and processes.
You can find out more and apply for this role by clicking here.
Our final destination this week is back to the UK and Red Consulting.
SENIOR EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER (UK-WIDE, REMOTE WORKING)
We’re looking for a talented Senior Embedded Software Engineer, with a proven track record of software development using C++ and/or Java in an embedded environment, to work on cutting-edge embedded software projects, as a part of an agile team.
You will work in an agile environment reporting to a Group Lead or Project Manager and will have considerable exposure to our clients and other partners. You’ll be a key part of planning, design, development, debugging and integration of embedded software modules for cutting edge broadcast and internet TV receivers (set-top boxes). You’ll create new features while also supporting the C++ debugging team, which will be around a 60/40 split of your time. Most importantly, your work will help deliver a much-needed service for society in lockdown – quick and easy access to some of the World’s best digital TV services.
If that sounds like it could be you, click here to find out more and to apply for this role.
That concludes this week's roundup. Good luck with the job hunt and keep those vacancies coming - it's free. ®