Job Alert The Register is publishing free job ads to help keep tech professionals in gainful employment during these challenging times.
If you're in the IT sector or trying to hire techies, send your job opportunities to us here and we'll promote them for free.
For those hunting new opportunities, you can get alerts whenever we post new openings here.
This week, we've just got a couple of interesting opportunities for your perusal.
First up, we're going to Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK and Caspian – a Nasdaq venture-backed firm that specialises in automated investigation technology for the financial services industry.
SENIOR .NET WEB DEVELOPER, NEWCASTLE-UPON-TYNE, UK
Caspian technology solutions enable banks to automate the complex human tasks of risk investigation and decision-making in Financial Crime and Compliance. It's looking for a Senior Dot Net Developer.
- Development of web technologies and tools for our Machine Learning solutions
- Participate in all aspects of the SDLC including sprint planning, design, architecture, code reviews, TDD
- Taking ownership of end-to-end project development
- Mentorship of junior members of the team
- Working with cutting edge technology.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a senior development role
- .NET Core Web API
- Entity framework / SQL experience
- Unit testing
- Continuous Integration.
- Cloud experience (Kubernetes, Microservices)
- Frontend experience (Typescript/React/SASS)
- Python experience
- Experience working within financial/fintech sectors
- Experience of Jira and Confluence
- Knowledge of working in Agile / Scrum.
If that piques your interest you can find out more about the role and apply for it here.
The second job in this limited edition version of our Job Alerts is over in Warrington, UK, at the Science and Technology Facilities Council, which is looking for Linux admins.
LINUX SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR/SYSTEM DEVELOPER, WARRINGTON, UK
The Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) is one of Europe’s largest science research organisations. We’re trusted to support, enable and undertake pioneering projects in an amazing diversity of fields. Through world-class facilities and people, we’re driving ground-breaking advances in science and technology.
At the Hartree Centre, we utilise the UK’s premier supercomputing environment, researchers and software developers, to provide an outcome-based collaborative R&D service to help UK Industry and Academia develop better products, services, processes and software.
The continuing success of the Hartree Centre means we are looking for talented people with experience of Linux system administration and system development to work as a Technologist.
- You will lead delivery on work packages for exciting projects, ranging from R&D and proof of technology to the development of robust commercial solutions
- You will work on Technology group projects as a member of the wider Hartree Technology team. These could be grant-funded research projects or industrial projects working with scientists and technologists from other domains
- As a Technologist you will be supporting UK industry and academia in realising the benefits of several technologies: Cyber Security, Machine Learning at Scale, High Performance Computing and High Performance Data Analytics. These activities are undertaken in partnership with industry, vendors and research partners in order to demonstrate the benefit of implementing new technology solutions to industrial and academic problems through collaboration and co-design
- You will be responsible for supporting the translation of designs into reality, creating functional systems to support the activities of the Centre, creating a bridge between development and operations by applying a software engineering mindset to traditional administration topics. These systems will range from traditional HPC, through HTC, to platforms supporting cloud-native architectures
- As this role will be working on projects and international collaborations it is likely to involve the opportunity for travel both to Europe and the USA
- You will be appointed at Band E of STFC’s staffing hierarchy, depending on the strength of your skills, experience and qualifications.
- You will be an experienced Linux systems administrator, systems developer or site reliability engineer, with experience in systems design and implementation
- You will also demonstrate experience in scripting, in Bash/Perl/Python or equivalent
- You will have experience of communicating with both internal and external stakeholders on a project, while experience of coordinating work packages as part of a larger project will be beneficial
- Experience of defining external projects from conception through to implementation planning would be highly advantageous
- You will be excited by the opportunity to develop novel technology solutions to real world problems, working with industry and technology partners from a range of sectors and disciplines to deliver successful solutions
- You will demonstrate the ability to identify and implement solutions to bridge gaps between existing software capabilities.
If working for a world-leading research organisation sounds like the kind of thing you should be doing, you can go here to apply and find out a lot more about this role.
That is it for this week's sojourn in the world of jobs. Hopefully we'll be back with more soon. Good luck everyone. ®