The Register has staff in America, Singapore, the UK, Europe, and Australia. Reaching roughly 40 million people a year, it is the flagship title of the Situation Publishing family. Here's how you can reach us, depending on what you want.
Tip off our vultures securely
Our professional journalists have decades of experience in successfully handling sensitive subjects and information with care, attention, and fairness. We always protect our sources: if you wish to be anonymous, tell us, and we will not reveal your identity.
For your own safety, do not contact us from a work email address, phone number, or device unless you have permission to speak to the media. Instead, use a private, personal account and device to reach us. If need be, go to a cafe or bar a good distance from your home or office that has anonymous Wi-Fi, and use this secure web form to send us a message.
A useful news tip includes proof – such as screenshots or copies of documents – and details on how to contact you, if possible. This helps us enormously in investigating wrongdoing and injustice.
If you want to pitch a story, share some feedback, or send in something non-sensitive, drop an email to the relevant staffer:
- Editor in chief Chris Williams [PGP / secure chat]
- Deputy editor in chief Nicole Hemsoth
- US region editor Iain Thomson
- Cybersecurity editor Jessica Lyons Hardcastle
- Systems editor Tobias Mann
- Software-engineering reporter Thomas Claburn
- Machine-learning reporter Katyanna Quach
- Enterprise security reporter Jeff Burt
- Technology news reporter Brandon Vigliarolo
- APAC region editor Simon Sharwood
- APAC region copy editor Matthew JC Powell
- News reporter Laura Dobberstein
- UK and EMEA region editor Paul Kunert
- UK and EMEA deputy region editor Jude Karabus
- UK and EMEA region copy editor Richard Currie
- Storage editor Chris Mellor
- Business software and database reporter Lindsay Clark
- Linux and open-source software reporter Liam Proven
- IT infrastructure reporter Dan Robinson
If in doubt, use our general inbox: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Errors and complaints
To report an inaccuracy, spelling mistake, or typo, email the on-duty editor. Our reporters cannot change published stories: contact the on-duty editor to request a correction or update.
I wanted to book an ad campaign! I want to mail you a package!
If you want to get in touch with our advertising sales, or send us some stuff in the mail, you can find a contact form, and all our relevant office addresses, right here.
I found a bug! I hate this advert!
If you spot a technical problem or a bad ad, please tell us which page it's on, and which operating system and browser you are using, including the version number. A screen shot would be handy, too. For more details on how to file a useful bug report, click here.
I want to link to or reuse your content
If you want to reference or quote our work, click here for more details.